|
|
|
|||||||
![]() |
|||||||
|
CROSS |
Like a mighty wind; the Spirit of God is with us. Like a burning flame; the Spirit of God is with us. Like a word that recreates and reconciles; the Spirit of God is with us. Like a love that is for all, no one left behind; the Spirit of God is with us. |
||||||
|
INVITATORY |
Spirit of God, Holy Presence, Almighty One who is a Comfort and Advocate, empower us to worship you and to be opened to your movement in our life. For we yearn to be a people of God who follow in your Wisdom, making a world of justice and peace. Amen |
||||||
|
CRUCIFORM |
Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy. Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy. Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy. Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I may always be holy. —St Augustine. The Ancient Faith Prayer Book (p. 116). Ancient Faith Press] |
||||||
|
WEEK 1 |
After that, I will pour out my Spirit on all humankind. And, all means all. Your daughters and sons will prophesy, your elders will have prophetic dreams, and your young people will see visions. In those days, I will pour out my Spirit even on those in servitude, women and men alike without exception. I will show signs in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and pillars of smoke—the sun will be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood—at the coming of the great and terrible Day of God Most High.. But everyone who calls on the name of the Holy, Holy and Mighty, Holy Immortal One will be redeemed and reconciled. For there will be a remnant on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem—this is God's promise. Anyone who invokes the name of God Most High will be among that remnant. —adapted and amplified from: Priests for Equality. The Inclusive Bible. Sheed & Ward. |
||||||
|
CRUCIFORM |
Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy. Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy. Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy. Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I may always be holy. —St Augustine. The Ancient Faith Prayer Book (p. 116). Ancient Faith Press] |
||||||
|
WEEK 2 |
O God Most High, what variety you have created, arranging everything so wisely! The earth is filled with your creativity! All creatures depend on you to feed them at the proper time. Give it to them—they gather it up. open your hand—they are well satisfied. Hide your face—they are terrified. take away their breath—they die and return to dust. Send back your breath—fresh life begins and you renew the face of the earth. Glory forever to the Holy, Holy and Mighty, Holy Immortal One! May you find joy in your creation! I will sing to you all my life, I will make music for my God as long as I live. May these reflections of mine give God as much pleasure as God gives me! —adapted from Priests for Equality. The Inclusive Bible. Sheed & Ward. Kindle Edition. |
||||||
|
CRUCIFORM |
Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy. Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy. Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy. Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I may always be holy. —St Augustine. The Ancient Faith Prayer Book (p. 116). Ancient Faith Press] |
||||||
|
WEEK 3 |
When the day of Pentecost arrived, they all met in one room. Suddenly they heard what sounded like a violent, rushing wind from heaven; the noise filled the entire house in which they were sitting. Something appeared to them that seemed like tongues of fire; these separated and came to rest on the head of each one. They were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other languages as she enabled them. Now there were devout people living in Jerusalem from every nation under heaven, and at this sound they all assembled. But they were bewildered to hear their native languages being spoken. They were amazed and astonished: “Surely all of these people speaking are Galileans! How does it happen that each of us hears these words in our native tongue? All were amazed and disturbed. They asked each other, “What does this mean?” Then Peter stood up with the Eleven and addressed the crowd: “Women and men of Judea, and all you who live in Jerusalem! Listen to what I have to say! This is what Joel the prophet spoke of: ‘In the days to come—it is our God who speaks—I will pour out my Spirit on all humankind. Your daughters and sons will prophesy, your young people will see visions, and your elders will dream dreams. Even on the most insignificant of my people, both women and men, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. And I will display wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below: blood, fire and billowing smoke. The sun will be eclipsed into darkness and the moon will be eclipsed to red before the coming of the great and sublime day of our God. And all who call upon the name of our God will be saved.’" —adapted from Priests for Equality. The Inclusive Bible. Sheed & Ward. |
||||||
|
CRUCIFORM |
Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy. Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy. Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy. Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I may always be holy. —St Augustine. The Ancient Faith Prayer Book (p. 116). Ancient Faith Press] |
||||||
|
WEEK 4 | "When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from God Most High, the Spirit of truth who comes from God, she will bear witness on my behalf. You too must bear witness, for you’ve been with me from the beginning. I have told you all this to keep your faith from being shaken. But I have told you these things so that when the time comes, you’ll remember that I told you ahead of time. "I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you. But now I am going to him who sent me; yet none of you asks me, 'Where are you going?' But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your hearts. Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send her to you. And when she comes, she will prove the world wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: about sin, because they do not believe in me; about righteousness, because I am going to God Most High and you will see me no longer; about judgment, because the ruler of this world has been condemned. "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of truth comes, she will guide you into all the truth; for she will not speak on her own, but will speak whatever she hears, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. She will glorify me, because he will take what is mine and declare it to you. All that the Holy, Holy and Mighty, Holy Immortal One has is mine. For this reason I said that she will take what is mine and declare it to you. —adapted from Priests for Equality. The Inclusive Bible. Sheed & Ward. |
||||||
|
CRUCIFORM |
Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy. Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy. Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy. Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I may always be holy. —St Augustine. The Ancient Faith Prayer Book (p. 116). Ancient Faith Press] |
||||||
|
INVITATORY |
Holy Spirit, come into us as a cleansing fire. Purify our hearts from the blemishes of this world: the desires for wealth and notoriety, the consuming of vital resources, the lust for power. Burn in us so that we might live into the ways of the Spirit: love and kindness, mercy and peace—ways that live for others and not only for ourselves. Holy Spirit, dwell in us, burn brightly in us, and help us to shine Your way into the world. Amen. |
||||||
| CROSS | Now, go out into the world in peace. Have courage. Hold on to what is good. Repay no one evil for evil. Strengthen the faint-hearted. Support the weak. Help the suffering. Honor all people. Love and serve God, rejoicing in the power of the Holy Spirit. And, may the grace, love and communion of God be with you; always and forever. Amen. | ||||||






